This Porta-King prefabricated turnstile shelter provides complete cover for turnstiles at this southeastern based paper manufacturing facility. Adding shelters like the one shown in this photograph will protect turnstiles from inclement weather especially if keycard readers or other sensitive access control equipment is included. Because this unit shipped fully assembled, installation of was completed in a matter of minutes.
Increase Security at Your Facility.
Access into government or factory buildings need to be strictly controlled for security reasons, which is where turnstiles come in. If your turnstile is outdoors and has equipment like key card readers and other access control equipment, a turnstile shelter will protect it from being damaged by the weather.
Turnstile shelters also prevent trespassers from climbing over the turnstiles and gaining unauthorized access to your grounds. We also install an additional steel tube frame under the shelter’s windows to prevent anyone from sliding under the shelter to get onto the property. A must to help protect your employees, equipment, and buildings.
Quick, Easy Construction
No matter how limited the space where your turnstile is, the custom design of our turnstile shelters can be adapted to make it fit. A forklift is typically used installation but a crane can also be used when the space around the site is very limited. That way, construction is flexible and there is no need to alter the space. Turnstile shelters arrive fully constructed and are quickly installed by being bolted down on your new or existing concrete slab.
Construction options for turnstile shelters include:
- Add lighting so employees or security cameras will be able to better see who is coming through the turnstile, increasing security.
- Standard fixed window glazing of 3/16 inch tempered safety glass can be tinted to reduce glare or replaced with optional polycarbonate glazing to resist breakage. All fixed window frame are maintenance free anodized aluminum.
Porta-King’s expert designers and engineers will work with you for a free on-site consultation to help you design your turnstile shelter.
These are some of our prefabricated shelter case studies that showcase the expert work we have done for our clients.
- Porta-King Products Chosen for New Vestibule at Bank of America - The Bank of America in Glen Burnie, Maryland had a problem. Their current store-front vestibule ...
- Durasteel ES Shelter Protects Fuel Blending Equipment at Pilot Stations - For truck stops that blend their own fuel and ethanol on site, protecting the blending ...
- Prefabricated Construction Allows Parks to Make the Most of Off-Season - With summer over, amusement parks are entering their off-season and should take this time to ...
- Prefabricated Towers Protect Endangered Species & Turbines - Prefabricated buildings can contribute to sustainability in more ways than one. As the United States ...
- Porta-King Prefabricated Buildings Create Immediate Shelter For Equipment at Norfolk Naval Shipyard - We were presented with a unique product application last week. A contractor that completes repair ...