Instantly create secure, environmentally controlled space to protect motor control centers from extreme weather and vandalism with a motor control center (MCC) enclosure from Porta-King.
MCC Enclosures Give Your Engineers Centralized Control
A motor control center (MCC) consists of single or multiple enclosed sections ganged together for larger application requirements. These assemblies allow engineers to control electric motors in a central location. Typically found in large industrial buildings, these setups can include motor starters, circuit breakers, programmable controllers, metering equipment, and more. Any facility that operates a large number of electric motors may have use of MCCs, including the automotive industry and different commercial installations. At Porta-King, we supply the enclosure that protects MCC equipment.
At Porta-King, Fully Fabricated Structures with Custom Options are Just the Beginning
We offer benefits that other manufacturers just can’t match:
- Our buildings ship to site fully fabricated and ready for use. We also offer a modular designed system that is assembled onsite for interior applications.
- Our prefabricated assemblies are typically equipped with lifting lugs or rigging points in the floor structure to facilitate installations by crane or other lifting equipment.
- We can either ship to the final destination for the MCC equipment or to a staging area, so the MCC equipment can be installed and tested prior to being shipped to the final destination.
- Because we operate in a very large manufacturing plant, we can also facilitate installation of the MCC equipment at our facility.
- We offer a wide range of construction options to address different application requirements.
- Our engineers provide high quality workmanship along with our heavy duty construction features to ensure our enclosures will last for decades with little or no maintenance.
- For added protection in isolated locations, we offer ballistic rated construction.
- All floor plans are custom designed to meet application requirements.
- Code compliance for any destination in North America.
Our custom building options include the following:
- Ballistic-rated materials
- Faux stone, brick, concrete composite siding, and custom paint finishes
- Sloped, gabled and other custom roof designs
- Custom architectural design enhancements for walls and roof structure
- High security locks and door hardware
- Large, multi-section designs to create larger enclosures
Superior Construction Quality and Support Put Us Above the Competition
With years of experience in prefabricated and modular construction, Porta-King is your best bet for durable, cost-effective MCC enclosures.
- 50-plus years of experience in designing and manufacturing custom prefabricated and modular enclosures
- Unsurpassed production capacity of over 160,000 sq ft of manufacturing space
- On-site support for design review and installation coordination
- A centralized location to better serve all of the U.S. and North America
- Stackable designs
If you have questions about our products or the industries we’ve served, please contact us. Our designers will be happy to discuss your particular project with you.
These are some of our equipment enclosure case studies that showcase the expert work we have done for our clients.
- Porta-King Creates Noise-Muffling Enclosures for Keolis - In 2019, Keolis faced complaints that the air compressors they used in railroad maintenance yards… ...
- Pliant Plastics Corp: Housing a Million Dollar Investment - Pliant Plastics Corp. is an injection molding facility located in Spring Lake, Michigan. In business… ...
- Boiler Enclosures Provide Safety and Energy Efficiency for this Aerospace Company - Installing the Boiler Enclosure About a year ago, a midwest-based manufacturer of aircraft engines came… ...
- Building an Equipment Enclosure for an Automotive Systems Integrator - Universal Tool Equipment and Controls, Inc. (UTEC) provides automation systems, welding systems, and tooling to… ...
- Porta-King Builds Equipment Enclosures for Barrick Gold - In the mining industry, safety is of the utmost importance, and the Barrick Gold Corporation… ...
- Porta-King Installs Equipment Enclosure for Hoosier Energy - Hoosier Energy in Illinois needed a place to house their electrical control equipment and water… ...
- Durasteel ES Shelter Protects Fuel Blending Equipment at Pilot Stations - For truck stops that blend their own fuel and ethanol on site, protecting the blending… ...