Rappel towers are platforms used to safely practice rappelling. In addition to recreational uses, first responders and military personnel utilize rappel towers as part of their tactical training. At Porta-King, we ensure safety and longevity of your structure with rappel towers that are built to last. They can be installed anywhere and are perfect in areas where access to a natural rappelling structure is not practical.
Our High-Strength Steel Rappel Towers Provide Unparalleled Support
Our rappel towers are made entirely of high-strength steel. This includes structural steel tube columns, horizontal I-beams, and sturdy support frames. At Porta-King, we guarantee rappel towers that meet the following standards:
- Code Compliance - All structures are designed to meet the latest version of the IBC code to ensure safety.
- Longevity - We build our structures from standard galvanized steel components to resist corrosion for long life.
- Rigid Support Structure - Our towers are constructed from steel, with heavy duty angle bracing for wind and seismic and lateral loads.
- Secure Guard Rails and Surfaces - We construct fully welded stair and guard assemblies and us structural grade bar grating for the deck surface. The rappelling surface consists of ¾” treated plywood with a structural steel tubing support frame.
Custom Options are Available to Meet the Needs of Your Facility
At Porta-King, we adjust the designs of our prefabricated towers to meet your unique needs. We have several custom options available.
- Floor mounted rappel hooks
- Overhead structure for helo drops
- Custom aluminum signage
- Operable hatches for floor drops
Porta-King has the Production Capacity and Onsite Support You Need.
We have experience in the public and private sector. Plus, we have the space, support, and materials you need to provide top-notch training. With Porta-King, you can expect the following:
- 15 years of tower design, fabrication, and installation experience
- 160 square feet of manufacturing space
- Regional offices throughout the United States that provide product review, design assistance, and installation support on-site
- Unlimited design capabilities, including custom designs and finishes
- Easy to assemble designs, with components pre-installed at the factory to speed up the installation process
At Porta-King, and we customize and build prefabricated structures your team can rely on.
These are some of our observation tower case studies that showcase the expert work we have done for our clients.
- Safe, Durable Sports Video and Viewing Towers for Cal Poly San Luis Obispo- Porta-King has worked with a number of colleges and universities across the United States, providing… ...
- An Observation Tower for the City of Belle Glade, Florida- The city of Belle Glade, Florida, sits on the southeastern shore of Lake Okeechobee, surrounded… ...
- Observation Towers Provided Optimal POV- Porta-King provides turnkey solutions for observation booths required by companies and organizations who engage in… ...
- Correctional Facility Gets New Guard Booth Towers- The County Corrections facility in Pinellas County, Florida needed to have their guard towers that… ...
- Porta-King Builds Sports Towers for Texas A&M- Porta-King is no stranger to providing prefabricated solutions to meet a school’s needs. So when… ...
- Prefabricated Towers Protect Endangered Species & Turbines- Prefabricated buildings can contribute to sustainability in more ways than one. As the United States… ...
- Porta-King Supplies Pre-Engineered Solutions to Steel Industry- ST LOUIS, MO– Porta-King Building Systems, manufacturer of prefabricated building systems has a wide variety… ...
- Porta-King Offers Customized Guard Towers to Prisons and Military Bases- With safety and security at the forefront, prisons and military bases need observational guard towers… ...