We understand how important safety is to your industry. Rely on Porta-King to custom-build switchgear enclosures that are durable and up to the task.
Switchgear Enclosures Keep High-Voltage Equipment Safe and Secure
Switchgear enclosures are used to protect high voltage power systems from overload. Typically housed outside a facility for safety reasons, these prefabricated structures house and shelter switchgear equipment from the weather and potential vandalism. These structures are needed by both power-generating utility companies and private industries that use high voltage electrical equipment.
The Benefits of Porta-King Structures Include Heavy-Duty Construction and Temperature Control
We offer benefits that other manufacturers just can’t match:
- Structures arrive prefabricated to expedite on-site project completion.
- Heavy duty construction to protect the equipment inside from harsh weather or potential vandalism
- Facilitates creation of the temperature controlled environment necessary for switchgear equipment to function properly
Our custom building options include the following:
- Custom mechanical equipment including ductless split or self contained wall mounted HVAC units
- Cable tray supports
- Fire suppression systems
- Ballistic rated walls and glazing
- Keypad or keycard access control systems
- Faux stone or brick veneers
- Pitched or gable roof designs
On-Site Support is Only the Beginning
With years of experience in prefabricated and modular construction, Porta-King is your best bet for durable, cost-effective enclosures.
- 50-plus years of experience in designing and manufacturing custom prefabricated and modular enclosures
- Unsurpassed production capacity of over 160,000 sq ft of manufacturing space
- On-site support for the evaluation of site conditions, design review, and installation coordination
If you have questions about our products or the industries we’ve served, please contact us. Our designers will be happy to discuss your particular project with you.
These are some of our equipment enclosure case studies that showcase the expert work we have done for our clients.
- Boiler Enclosures Provide Safety and Energy Efficiency for this Aerospace Company - Installing the Boiler Enclosure About a year ago, a midwest-based manufacturer of aircraft engines came… ...
- Building an Equipment Enclosure for an Automotive Systems Integrator - Universal Tool Equipment and Controls, Inc. (UTEC) provides automation systems, welding systems, and tooling to… ...
- Porta-King Builds Equipment Enclosures for Barrick Gold - In the mining industry, safety is of the utmost importance, and the Barrick Gold Corporation… ...
- Porta-King Installs Equipment Enclosure for Hoosier Energy - Hoosier Energy in Illinois needed a place to house their electrical control equipment and water… ...
- Durasteel ES Shelter Protects Fuel Blending Equipment at Pilot Stations - For truck stops that blend their own fuel and ethanol on site, protecting the blending… ...