Smoking shelters offer a budget friendly and quick solution that can offer smokers a convenient option at your facility. Smoking shelters offer much more than the name implies, being a useful structure to keep people sheltered from the elements and as a way to break up congestion in walkways and gathering zones.
What is a Smoking Shelter?
A smoking shelter can be classified as an area protected with an overhead covering. While the name implies it’s main purpose, it’s function can be as simple as providing shelter in an outdoor setting. While they do not require walls or benches, these features are common and Porta-King offers several of these and more in their customization options.
How Far Away Should a Smoking Shelter be from a Building?
While this answers various depending upon location, you’ll want to consider if your smoking shelter will in fact be used for its namesake in its placement. Consult local state smoking laws to determine the best location for your smoking shelter.
Free Up Walkways & Entrances
Having people congregated around building entrances and pathways is unsightly, as well as disrupting the flow of walking traffic. Installing a smoking shelter will give them a place where they can relax and/or smoke without breaking any anti-smoking laws or congesting pathways.
We understand that business owners certainly do not want to alienate their customers who smoke. These shelters offer a way to comply with state laws as well as accommodate your patrons or clients who are inclined to smoke.They offer smokers protection from inclement weather such as rain or snow. In addition, these prefabricated buildings are a cost-effective alternative to on-site construction.
Keep Your Employees Comfortable
Other prefabricated construction options for smoking shelters include:
- Integrated aluminum benches to keep occupants comfortable year-round.
- Exhaust fans so occupants don’t get overwhelmed by smoke.
- Customized electrical systems to light the shelter or provide outlets so occupants can charge their mobile devices.
- Cigarette urns and trash cans for easy disposal of cigarette butts and trash.
Improve the Appearance of Your Grounds
Outdoor smoking shelters come in a variety of sizes and configurations so you can easily match it to the aesthetics of your facility.
- Clear tempered safety glass with full perimeter viewing can be tinted for glare and heat reduction.
- Anodized aluminum window framing eliminates the need for routine maintenance and maintains the smoking shelters.
- Rigid structures withstand the harshest winds and weather conditions, ensuring years of continual use.
- Standing seam and other roof design options for a more dramatic look.
Fast, Budget-Friendly Installation
Like all prefabricated shelters, smoking shelters arrive ready to use, which allows the structure to be occupied quickly with virtually no downtime for construction to get in the way of your facilities’ everyday activities. This method of installation is also budget friendly, as there is no need to build conventionally by hiring multiple contractors.
Other Benefits of Our Prefabricated Smoking Shelters
We have a wide array of paint colors to match your existing building and won’t detract from the aesthetics. These welded steel buildings combine durability and protection, in a variety of designs and configurations.
These shelters will ship to your site fully assembled and require no additional setup, eliminating the hassle of new construction. At Porta-King, we feel there is no reason these structures can’t be comfortable as well as functional. Most of our shelters are built with open doorways to allow for continuous air movement. Optional features include tinted glass, heating & cooling, lighting and exhaust fans. And these are only a few of the many upgrades we have available to make your smoking shelter as inviting and comfortable as possible.
Invest in a convenient, durable and relaxing smoking shelter that will comply with state laws and accommodate the smokers at your place of business. Porta-King offers free on-site design assistance and turnkey installation services.
These are some of our prefabricated shelter case studies that showcase the expert work we have done for our clients.
- Baltimore School Improves Safety with an Entry Vestibule from Porta-King - Safety is one of the top priorities at Bnos Yisroel, a girls school in Baltimore… ...
- Porta-King Products Chosen for New Vestibule at Bank of America - The Bank of America in Glen Burnie, Maryland had a problem. Their current store-front vestibule… ...
- Durasteel ES Shelter Protects Fuel Blending Equipment at Pilot Stations - For truck stops that blend their own fuel and ethanol on site, protecting the blending… ...
- Prefabricated Construction Allows Parks to Make the Most of Off-Season - With summer over, amusement parks are entering their off-season and should take this time to… ...
- Prefabricated Towers Protect Endangered Species & Turbines - Prefabricated buildings can contribute to sustainability in more ways than one. As the United States… ...