Providing a safe and comfortable work environment separate from a surrounding facility is a great way to increase employee productivity and satisfaction. Porta-King’s modular office buildings offer a cost-effective solution to your warehouse, factory, or government facility needs.
Modular Office Construction
Modular Inplant Offices Provide Safety & Comfort in a Contained Workspace
Inplant offices are modular, meaning they can be customized according to your operation’s needs. Some essential options include:
- Noise reduction ratings: Our modular inplant offices offer sound transmission class (STC) ratings up to 47 and average dB reduction levels up to 48. These ratings ensure your employees are protected from loud machinery or factory surroundings so they can focus and complete tasks more efficiently.
- Privacy and security: Modular rooms can be equipped with security features to limit access or visibility. These customizations keep sensitive operations or information safe from unauthorized personnel.
- Temperature control: Particularly useful in unconditioned environments, in-plant offices can be equipped with a variety of HVAC unit types to keep your employees comfortable throughout the workday.
- Unlimited Size: Our structures can accommodate one to hundreds of employees. Larger office complexes can be easily created by subdividing the perimeter walls with a series of modular wall partitions.
- Single to multi-story designs: Modular inplant offices can be easily designed to create multi-story structures, increasing overall workspace without expanding your final structure’s footprint. Upper levels on larger span structures can easily be supported with the integration of one of our structural steel mezzanines.
To assist you in choosing the best modular construction options for your project, Porta-King’s experienced team of engineers and customer service representatives stand ready to assist your team in determining the right modular office design. We can also assist with planning the appropriate production and construction timeline and assist with the installation process.
Easily Redesign Your Inplant Office as Needed with Modular Materials
Most of our customers will redesign one of our modular offices at least once during the life of the structure. As your facility’s needs change, it helps to have a modular office that is fully adaptable to accommodate those needs.
All of the materials purchased to construct your modular office system are reusable. If your space needs change, we’ll re-design your office for free, even if no additional materials are required.
Save Time & Money with Modular Construction
When choosing between modular offices and traditionally constructed offices, consider that all modular construction is objectively faster and more affordable. On average you can cut construction time by half when using a modular office design compared to conventionally constructed offices. All components used to construct modular inplant offices have already been designed and fabricated at our plant, causing:
- Less disruption to your daily business operations
- Less construction waste and debris
These modular rooms are so simple to assemble, your own maintenance staff can install them. Visit our modular factory office and our modular warehouse office pages to learn about more specific modular office applications.
Interested in a Modular Office?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are modular offices?
Modular offices are temporary structures in their origins, but can offer long-term and flexible options for industrial, commercial, and office settings. Modular offices are often prefabricated offsite and are then incorporated into existing work areas, such as manufacturing, warehouse, and employee office space.
The obvious benefit of modular offices is the adaptability of Porta-King’s modular wall panel system. This system allows for a wide range of applications that can be either long-term solutions, or temporary fixes capable of redesign when the situation calls for it.
What is the lead time for a Porta-King project?
Lead times will range depending on your final design. Most orders, using our standard inventoried materials, will ship in 4-5 weeks. However, this can be affected by a variety of factors. Projects that include custom materials, sealed engineering calculations, permitting, or other factors can have an impact on lead times. We encourage you to contact us directly to discuss your lead time requirements on the front end of the quoting process, so we understand your expectations. We can explain those items that can have an impact on lead times to ensure you understand exactly what to expect.
What are the standard design features for your modular wall panels?
We offer several design features depending on each application.
- Standard Finish
The standard panel finish is a 1/2” vinyl faced drywall on the interior and exterior surface.
- Standard Colors
We offer five standard colors for our standard vinyl covered drywall faced wall panels. We also offer an array of optional panel finishes and custom colors to address unique project applications.
- Standard Height
There really are no standards as each order is custom designed to meet your application requirements. Our base design starts at 8’ but can go up to over 24’ tall.
How tall can the building be?
Can I get a price over the phone?
Can I have some sort of square foot price?
These are some of our modular office case studies that showcase the expert work we have done for our clients.
- Modular Offices for Staff Members at the Charleston County School District - Teachers and administrators of our nation's schools are used to making the best of what they have. In Charleston County, however, school officials got some much needed office space recently, thanks to the crew at Porta-King. When school administrators needed…
- Porta-King Designs New Work Environment for Scott AFB - Porta-King has designed new office space for Scott Air Force Base (SAFB) to merge an entire department that was relocating from another building. This unique project required Porta-King to work within the support structure of a very old building to…
- Porta-King Builds Modular Office for UC Berkeley’s Cyclotron - Seismic resistant structures become all the more important when dealing with expensive, sensitive scientific equipment. The Lawrence Berkeley Lab in California recently hired Porta-King to construct a modular office for their Cyclotron control room. Seismic Activity on California’s Hayward Fault…